Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Early Morning Thoughts


As I awoke this morning, I found it hard to get my eyes opened and my feet moving. I have gotten into such a bad habit of lounging in the bed until 7:00 a.m. Now that my children are older, I don't feel the need to rush out of bed before 5:00 just so I can have a few hours a day to myself. I do miss my early risings though. I miss the beauty of the morning sky. It is as if the Lord eagerly shares His morning handiwork with anyone ready to see. I also miss the slower start to my days. When I get up early, I feel I have the luxury to be slow in the morning. The key to early rising is early bedtimes. My body is naturally good at this one, but not everybody in my family shares my sentiment. I find that if I am in bed by 10:00 p.m. then I can start early. With teenagers our sleep patterns aren't always the best. We went to bed at 10:00 last night, but at 10:30 our teenagers came through the door. They had been to football practice followed up by a workout at the gym so they wanted to share their day with their dad and I. Why do teenagers only grunt before 10:00p.m., but after that they are ready to pour out their hearts long into the night hours???? I am thankful that my men children want to talk to us so we accommodate our schedules to facilitate that. In the grand scheme of life, getting up at 7:00 a.m. and staying up a bit later to listen to a teenager pour out his heart is worth it.
grace and peace,
julie

No comments: