Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MotherLoad Pretzles

If you want smiling faces like these...
Then make these...
First go to that dreaded grocery store because you can't grow these sweet delights in the backyard garden! Buy some large pretzel rods, a package of caramels, and a Tablespoon Evaporated Milk. You will also need to stop in the baking aisle and purchase Heath Toffee chips, Mini Chocolate Chips, and Colored Sprinkles.

Melt the caramels in a pan on medium heat. Stir to keep from scorching. Add 1 Tablespoon Evaporated Milk while melting the caramels. Cut pretzels in half lengthwise using a bread knife. (I made a small slit and then broke them in half. This worked well).


Dip the pretzels in the caramel about halfway. Roll the pretzels in the chocolate chips, heath chips, and colored sprinkles. Place on a rack to dry. (I used my cooling rack and I stuck the ends in the holes. This was great)!

Lastly, keep an eye on the little helpers. My children tried to tell me that I NEVER told them not to sample the goodies! grace and peace,

julie

No comments: