Thursday, May 29, 2008

How about Tea or Better yet Lunch?

I made a batch of Sourdough Bread last week. It just seemed to go well with that Strawberry Jam and a cup of coffee.


I also made Chicken Salad. I discovered just how good chicken salad is on homemade sourdough bread. I have included my Chicken Salad recipe below. It is full of chunks of chicken, toasted almonds, and grapes. This is a summertime favorite for a picnic or a baby shower. It can be served on homemade bread, croissants, or crackers. I got the recipe from a tea room in Ky. that was closing. This was their signature dish and they served it with croissants. I hope you enjoy!
Chicken Salad

7 cups cubed cooked chicken

1 cup diced celery (very small)

1 large bunch quartered seedless red grapes

1 cup toasted almonds

5 Tablespoons lemon juice

1 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 cups Real Mayonnaise

Combine lemon juice, mayo, salt, ground pepper, and dried mustard. Cream until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and toss well.

This recipe makes a large batch. I have cut it in half before and it works well.

No comments: