Thursday, September 25, 2008

Apple Pull Apart Bread

3 cans biscuits
1 can Apple pie filling
cinnamon sugar

Grease a tube pan. Preheat oven to 400. Place apple pie filling in food processor and pulse until the apples are in small pieces. Flatten each biscuit into a 5-6 inch circle. Place small amount of apple pie filling in the circle and roll up to make a ball. Roll ball in cinnamon sugar and place in tube pan. Repeat procedure until you have two layers of biscuits. Sprinkle top layer with extra cinnamon sugar and bake for about 45 minutes. Cover biscuits with foil after 20 minutes of baking. When bread is done, allow to cool on wire rack for about 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides and remove from pan. Make a glaze with 3 tablespoons powder sugar and 2 tablespoons milk. Drizzle over warm biscuits. Serve warm.


This was a simple breakfast bread to make. I would use homemade biscuit dough instead of store bought. This morning I used the store bought biscuits because I wanted to make the original version before I started "fixing" it. I also think using a dinner roll recipe would be great instead of using biscuits. (if you don't make homemade dinner rolls, you can purchase frozen ones...just let them thaw and then use them in place of biscuits). My kids loved this warm breakfast treat. It wasn't overly sweet like doughnuts, but it was good.

grace and peace,
julie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi julie:

this sounds wonderful!! a comment about the apple peeler by pampered chef, this is an excellent peeler. it does not "eat" up your apples. also i would take the peelings dry them on the dehydrator and grind them into a powder and use in my breads and other things, it worked out well

let us know the rest of the story about the bees and why they stole their honey back? ummm

God bless you and yours
Kay

Ace said...

Ok, I will be making The General run out tomorrow to buy biscuit dough and make this for everyone. This is an AWESOME recipe. Cooking is my weakest skill and I get paralysed when I read that I have to GRIND the wheat, then make the dough Then pick the apples then....you know. A simple cake could take like four months of prep :)

Many Blessings :)
Ace

TnFullQuiver said...

Kay,
Thanks for another confirmation about the apple peeler corer from Pampered Chef. I don't like to buy gadgets so I really want to know if a tool will do its job well. I'll get back to the bee story soon. Thanks for asking.

Ace,
I hope it works out for you. Every cook needs a few simple recipes! Enjoy!!

grace and peace,
julie

Andrea Cherie said...

That looks sooooo yummy!!