Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Garden Beauty

I believe that peppers are the prettiest garden thing going...well except for the flowers that is!

The flowers and the butterflies catch my attention ALL the time!!


I love the flowers enough to put them in coffee pots. Not the new coffee pot that I put coffee in regularly because I do enjoy a good cup of java, but old coffee pots that we purchased for camping. I am always on the look out for new/old "vases". When I see a container, I wonder what it would look like with a flower arrangement. I love using florist foam and actually making an arrangement, but my all time favorite is putting a bunch of zinnias in a container and just letting them be beautiful on their own. I think I like this because it has simple beauty and it is quick to make. There is something beautiful about quick especially during canning season!!!

grace and peace,

julie

2 comments:

Marci said...

Wonderful pictures. I too love to see old pots or containers and what their "new" uses could be. I have a ringer washer (actually just the shell of one) we got out of the trash pile at our Amish house. I use it to plant petunias in. =)

Amy said...

Okay, that's it! I'm moving in with you! I want to look at freshly picked peppers and fresh flowers all the time. Your home is so lovely; what a blessing to be surrounded by so much beauty!:)