Thursday, September 25, 2008

Garden Update

We spent yesterday evening in the garden. Michael worked on pulling "man weeds" from the strawberry bed. We need to finish that job soon and get some straw for the strawberries for winter time. The kids pulled weeds so I could put out the last of our broccoli plants. I spent my time in the garden picking green beans, peppers, and a few tomatoes. (I had the best job)!! Then I finished planting the last of the broccoli plants. I am heading out this morning to sprinkle some collard seeds out and plant some spinach. The rain is heading our way (so they say) starting tonight. It has become chilly in the mornings and evenings here. Michael and I had to go get a cow back in the fence this morning, and I sure was glad that I brought a jacket!!

I am heading to the kitchen to make a Apple Pull Apart Bread for breakfast. If the kids like it, I will share the recipe later today!

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: