Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Twist on Sausage Biscuits


My husband loves sausage and biscuits.  He would eat sausage biscuits 7 days a week.  If you really want to make him happy, make some gravy.  He will love you forever.  I and the kids are getting tired of the same old sausage biscuits.  I was on this lady's blog and she had a "lazy" moment that I thought was fantastic.  I didn't use her recipe, but I used her idea.  If you go to her blog, she does have a recipe for this.  I used my Fast Food Biscuit recipe.  You can find that here.   To start these biscuits, you first need to brown a pound of sausage and crumble it like you would if you were browning ground beef.  After it has cooked, let it cool.  (I was in a hurry so I stuck my hot sausage in a bowl in the freezer while I made my biscuit dough).  Next, you make dough for homemade biscuits.  I used the large recipe and it was the perfect amount.  Once you have the dough mixed, add your cooked sausage and a large handful of shredded cheddar cheese.  I added extra cheese because I like cheese.  You do want you feel is necessary.  Mix again to ensure that the sausage and cheese are evenly distributed throughout the dough.  Roll dough out and cut out biscuits.  I used a large drinking glass to cut my biscuits.  I had 12 large biscuits when I was finished.  Bake according to your biscuit recipe.  I did add a few extra minutes to the baking time.  These sausage biscuits were fantastic.  This would be great if you needed a quick breakfast to eat while you were heading out the door.  My kids gobbled it up faster than I would have imagined.  Just because it was Father's Day, I also made gravy to serve with these.  I did make sure my husband knew the gravy was only there because it was a holiday.  I don't want him to think that these biscuits will always be served with gravy in our house!

grace and peace,
julie

1 comment:

Carmen S. said...

Those look delicious! Just wanted to stop in & let you know I'm thinking of you as you make the move this week, Can't wait to see the house:D My son is leaving on Tuesday the 29th for basic training at Fort Benning, so we are on the countdown here:(