Monday, September 14, 2009

Do You Want Some Puppy Chow?

My family loves Puppy Chow! There I said it, and now you too can know that we are a little wacky. Missy loves Puppy Chow too. Your family can also love this quick and fun snack/dessert. I made a big batch of Puppy Chow yesterday afternoon. It took me about 10 minutes to fix and it was a hit for the football game. I also packed up some for the sweet friend that was headed back to college. It is nice to have a little bit of home when you are stuck in a dorm room! Hope you enjoy the recipe!

Puppy Chow
9 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
powder sugar

Melt chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Heat about 30 seconds more. Stir again. (You can also do this on the stove top if you prefer not to use the microwave). Once melted, stir in vanilla. Add cereal and stir until chocolate mixture covers the cereal. Once covered, transfer into a ziploc bag that contains about a cup of powder sugar. Shake until well coated. (I usually do this twice using half the cereal the first time and then adding some powder sugar and doing the rest). Let dry and store in a jar or a ziploc bag. We never have any left to store so that hasn't been an issue for us! This mixture makes nice gifts too. Enjoy!

grace and peace,
julie

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

YUMMY, I'm gonna have to make me up some of that, looks delish:)

Anonymous said...

We only make that around Christmas... otherwise we'd weigh 600 lbs. Good stuff.

Paige said...

Mmmmm...looks great. I'll surprise Dan with some later on this week. :)

Mountain Mama said...

O.K.! My girls were reading your blog with me and immediately asked if they could make some. Off they go! We should have some yummy puppy chow real soon. Thanks for sharing.
blessings,
ashley
ps thanks for your prayers. you are awesome!