Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tomatillo Salsa

I have grown tomatillos several years in a row. I am ashamed to admit I have never once tried them. I have never made any dish with them up until yesterday. I don't know what got into me, but I decided this was the year to actually eat some of the tomatillos that we planted. So I made a salsa out of them that was wonderful. I still love traditional salsa, but this dish was a great change of pace. Hope you enjoy!



Cut 10 tomatillos in half and place under broiler for about 7 minutes.
In blender, mix the following:
roasted tomatillo
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped and seeded
1 Tablespoon Lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
salt to taste
Pulse all the ingredients until it is the consistency you like. I like mine to have some small chunks. Let cool in the refrigerator. Serve with chips.
grace and peace,
jule

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

That looks really good! It amazes me you can cook and can in the midst of all the remodeling:)

TnFullQuiver said...

Carmen,
I can cook during the mess, but I don't have desire to do so. I just do it because it is something that has to get done. I am looking forward when the kitchen is finished and I enjoy being in there once again.
grace and peece,
julie