Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Official

I have now used up all of my quart canning jars, and I only have about 10 pint jars left. I have finished canning the last of my tomatoes for the year, but I was still hoping to get a few more quarts of green beans in the canner. If the beans produce more to be canned, I will buy more quart jars. I washed out my pressuer canner and I will be placing it back in the building in the next few days. It has been a hearty bounty this year and my pantry shelves are loaded. I am so thankful to the Lord for all that has been harvested. I feel that this garden was very successful. I was disappointed with all of our vining crops and our green beans, but other than that we had a great year. I have started working on our fall garden and I'll post more about that later.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: