Monday, April 20, 2009

Garden Updates

This weekend found us making some progress in the garden. Michael finished tilling the potato patch area and we planted all the potatoes. The potatoes took up almost half of the area, and now I am trying to decide what to plant in the other half. Michael wants to plant corn, which is probably what we will end up doing. I will plant sunflowers along the borders to gussy it up and make it all beautiful. Plus the sunflowers will give me awesome cut flowers for flower arrangements later this summer.

I was so hoping to get more of our garden planted, but the longer we worked in the potatoes the worst I began to feel. I couldn't imagine what was wrong with me, but I finally gave up and came in the house to rest. Turns out I spent the rest of the weekend with a nasty stomach virus. I am still feeling rough this morning, but I am trying to bounce back with grace and style. Hopefully the rest of the garden will be planted next weekend!!!

grace and peace,
julie

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oooh--I'm sorry you were sick. A stomach virus is just awful, awful, awful. Hope you are feeling better.

Tracy

Paige said...

Get well soon! And good luck with the plantings!

TnFullQuiver said...

Tracy,
Thanks! I feel much better today. On the bright side, I was able to sleep a lot so I feel well rested! I really enjoy your blog...sounds like we are walking much of the same path.

Paige,
Thanks!!!! By the way, I like your new ride!!!! Be safe and have FUN! love ya!

grace and peace,
julie