Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dancing in the Flowers

Hope and I went out yesterday to take some pictures. Every spring, our neighbor's hay field gives us a spectacular display of blue flowers. I haven't taken the time that I usually do to take pictures. Could it be that I am too busy doing the other stuff in life? So while the grill was heating up yesterday for dinner, we ran down to the hay field and had some fun. I would have loved to stay longer, but everybody was waiting for dinner. It is a beautiful time of the year to capture lovely pictures! I remember going on drives with my dad often in the spring looking for beautiful things to photograph. It was always like a treasure hunt...finding the perfect flower or the perfect scene to capture through the camera lens. That was the way I spent many hours with my dad from the time I was a teenager right up to the very end of his life. I got to spend time sharing his passion for photography. I didn't even know it until after his death that he too had passed along that same passion to me. Someday when all the busyness subsides around me I would love to purchase a REALLY nice camera and take photography classes. Someday... but for now, I just enjoy being a mom in the craziness of my world and I take a few pictures whenever I can carve out the time!

grace and peace,
julie

4 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Oh, gotta love that dad of yours and all the memories.

Beautiful! So are the purple flowers! :)

Kel said...

I thnk the pics you show are spectacular...and OMG! Hopie is a W-O-M-A-N!

-Brad- said...

Beautiful young woman and beautiful flowers!!

Paige said...

Hope's growing up so fast!