Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Rain Is Still Here

It rained yesterday for a few hours. Our pastures are in desperate conditions. The only thing that remains green are the weeds.
Sully Man seemed shocked when the water started dropping from the sky. I would think it would have to feel good to him. The rain started again last night. In fact, I went to bed before my husband. When he came to bed, he snuggled me up and whispered in my ear that the rain is here. It was a beautiful sound. It is still raining this morning. Yesterday's newspaper discussed the fact that South Greene (which is where we live) is in the highest class of drought, and the rest of Greene County is in the next to highest. But for today...it is raining!

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

help me.

Amy said...

It has been raining here too, Julie.
I love to be inside and hear the rain on the roof and windows. It's calming.

Our first day of school went well, so I pray that today will follow suit.

Have a great day with your family!
While you work in the house today, you should sing the song from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," you know, "Raindrops keep falling on my head.....";)

God bless,
Amy:)