Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Little of this and That


Joshua and his Dad have spent some fun filled Saturday mornings fishing this summer. Here is a nice Bass that Josh caught last week. I am thankful that all of our boys enjoy fishing and hunting. Michael's boat is small so he has to take one child at a time to the lake. This is a great opportunity for that child to enjoy some one on one time with Michael. Fishing is good, but building a strong relationship is great.
I spent yesterday cleaning and canning. Jacob and I canned 14 pints of peach jam. I also had some tomatoes that needed to be canned or I was going to have to throw them away. I ended up with only 2 quarts of tomatoes, but that will change soon when our Rutgers and Roma tomatoes get ripe. I just saw a great looking recipe for zucchini bread that uses honey, and I may make several loaves of that for the freezer. We only have a few zucchini left in the refrigerator. This maybe the perfect use for them. If I really like the recipe, I will post it later. My next canning project will be Lime Pickles. I should be starting that this week depending on the cucumber production. I went to make Dill pickles and all of our Dill had gone to seed. It is a bit hard to make Dill Pickles without any dill!
This morning I am heading out to breakfast with a friend. Upon my return, I will be heading into the garden to see what needs to be accomplished there. I haven't been there much at all this week so I am sure that I have a lot of work facing me there.
grace and peace,
julie

1 comment:

TNfarmgirl said...

Yummy! Where did you find the peaches?
Love,
cheri