Friday, July 27, 2007

From Garden to Kitchen



We spent a little bit of time in the garden yesterday. I so enjoyed the time there. I took some time to pick tomatoes, cucumbers, and mess in my flowers. I also took the time to "dead head" the zinnias. This keeps them looking nice plus it encourages more blooms. I cut more lettuce and picked radishes and onions. Jacob and Seth gathered eggs for the day, and then they played until I was finished in the garden.
I brought everything in the house and began to work. The last picture shows the fruits of my labor. We ended up with two flower arrangements, pickles, canned tomatoes, and eggs. I added the loaf of sourdough bread that I had made earlier in the week. I enjoyed my day thoroughly, and my whole family will enjoy the bounty all through out the winter.
grace and peace,
julie

No comments: