Friday, March 12, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Here is our spring garden sitting on our makeshift greenhouse in Michael's shop.  The plants are doing fantastic!  They would be ready to be planted outside if the beds were ready for them.  We still have to till the beds, add more dirt, and repair the wood sides.  Our tiller isn't working well even though we took it to a mechanic.  Michael will need to tie into it and see if he can fix it.  That is our major hold up for now.  As you can see from the above picture, I keep my lights at different heights.  I still have small broccoli plants on the right end so those lights still hang low.  I move the lights as the plants grow.

My Romaine Lettuce plants are beautiful.  I see salads of all kinds in my near future!

My broccoli plants are also coming along nicely.  I need to either plant these in the garden soon or transplant them into bigger pots! Have you ever eaten fresh garden broccoli?  If not, you are in for a real treat with your first bite of fresh broccoli.

I have transplanted all of my cabbage plants into bigger pots.  They just got too big for the other pots. 

I am still waiting on all of my "bathtub tomatoes" to germinate.  I am ready to get my tub cleaned out and have a quick bubble bath!  It won't last for long because I will need to plant my pepper seeds in the next week.  Off to water plants....until next time

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Those look WONDERFUL and so big already!!!! enjoy the bath in between plantings, lol!!!

Marci said...

I love love love seeing the little plants all started. I hope to get my soil and start planting this weekend.