Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Farm Life

I was out in the barn yesterday giving our little Stew Baby a bottle.   I was thinking about our farm and the changes that have occurred over the last few years.  We have greatly reduced the amount of animals that we keep.  We have become more focused on producing for our own needs instead of selling products to others.  I do miss the sheep, and I would enjoy having them back.  But do you know what I miss the most of anything?  I miss the chickens being around here on the farm.  I miss the eggs they produce and the beauty they bring to everyday life.  I love the clucking of a content hen, and I also love gathering eggs.  I am looking forward to having chickens back on our farm once again.  When you have hens laying eggs, it is a daily Easter egg hunt to find them all.  I loved Easter egg hunts when I was a child, and I still love them now that I am an adult!

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: