Friday, March 05, 2010

Friday Happenings

The sun is shining bright today, and I am more than thankful.  Our 5 year old came upstairs yesterday  morning and sighed loudly.  With a big smile on his face, he exclaimed, "Now, this is what a REAL morning is suppose to look like!"  There were bright streams of sunshine floating into our windows, and it impressed him.

Fridays at my house are used to get the house in tip top shape in preparation for the weekend.  We usually have our two oldest boys' girlfriends around our dinner table.  I always look forward to spending time with them over the weekend. Tonight I am making a big Mexican feast.  I am going to practice making homemade tortillas without having one of those nice tortilla presses.  I am hoping to get a lot of extra things accomplished today.   I am always more motivated to clean when the sun is shining.  By the way, the above picture was taken last April.  No, we don't have beautiful wildflowers blooming yet!!!  I am looking forward to when the spring flowers do bloom!!!

grace and peace,
julie

3 comments:

Carmen S. said...

What a beautiful photo of the wildflowers, the sun is out again here today too:D Those are great breakfast tips in your last post! Enjoy your weekend!!!

Andrea Cherie said...

Julie~ here's my tortilla recipe (I do have a press, I got it on ebay for $45 which was 1/2 of the price from the lady I get my wheat from)

5 C. RED wheat ground (Red tastes the best for these)- I actually pour 3 C. hard wheat into the Nurtimill & that seems to work out exactly the best!

2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp salt

2 C. warm water
1/2 C. oil

In your mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients 1st then add the dry. Stir till mixed, then let rest for 10 minutes. At this point I put an ice cream scoops worth of dough on my press, but I bet you could shape & fry them in hot oil too.

TnFullQuiver said...

Carmen,
thanks so much! I hope you are enjoying the sun as much as I am this weekend!

Andrea Cherie,
Thank you so much for the recipe!!! I look forward to trying it. I made the tortillas with regular bread flour, and they were fantastic. I don't think my family will let me EVER by grocery store ones again. It took longer without the press, but that will go on my wants list when money is flowing a bit more freely. Have a blessed weekend.

grace and peace,
julie