Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Boys and Their Tractors

Boys of all ages love tractors. There is something wired in their brain that tells them tractors are the thing. I chuckle because I watch my 4 year old admire the neighbor's tractor with much envy. My husband who is 40 also admires tractors. We will be driving down the road and he will say, "Look at THAT tractor." We have been saving for a tractor and we are hoping to have the money together by Mother's Day. This is one of the last hurdles for building this farm. That doesn't mean there won't be other challenges, but this is the last BIG purchase that is needed or wanted. (Well, my husband would like a new barn, but that doesn't count because we can make do with what we have).

grace and peace,
julie

4 comments:

Amy said...

My husband always says, "Look at that tractor; we need that!" :)

The John Deere toy tractor was always my boys favorite as well.....I guess it's the same thing as little girls with their "baby dolls." I know I was always taken with the baby dolls....:)

Amy said...

I forgot to say, "Sweet picture!" :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what kind of tractor you all get. We have been wanting to get one ever since we got out to the country, but other things just keep taking precedence.

TnFullQuiver said...

Amy,
I too was taken with baby dolls. I still admire sweet baby dolls today! I like the John Deere toy tractors because they will last through the rough and rowdy play of little boys. By the way, I have enjoyed reading your blog the last few days!
grace and peace,
julie

Nancy,
I can't wait to see our tractor. I understand the whole putting it on the back burner. We had a tractor about 6 years ago, but we sold it when we thought we were moving to Alabama. We have never been in a position to replace it until now. Our neighbor has been very kind and we can use his tractor whenever we need to. However affter 4 years of borrowing, we kinda hate to keep asking. Our other neighbor would come and plow up our other garden spot for us. When we moved the bees over there, he decided he wasn't up to that. I understood completely!
grace and peace,
julie