Tuesday, April 15, 2008

APRIL 15: Last Frost and Tax Day

Here in our part of the country, April 15th is the last frost date. We are expected to get a light frost tonight. I am ready to plant a bed of squash and zucchini plants, but I will wait just a bit longer. My plants have done really well under the grow lights, and it is time to get them out in the sunshine.

April 15th is also tax day. Michael finished our taxes and I will mail them today. We had already finished our 2007 taxes, but this year Michael became a contractor. He now is required to file quarterly taxes, and the first deadline is April 15th.

Having our last frost date the same as tax day makes it easy to remember!

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Last frost on April 15th? Unheard of! Actually, I probably need to get out a bit more. Growing up in Utah, the mountains, I am use to a shorter growing season. All of your gardens look great. Oh strawberries! My favorite.
ashley

Marci said...

Our last frost date is May 15th. The last 2 years, we have had a frost beyond that.