Thursday, November 13, 2008

Important Decision

My wife and I have been members of the Republican party since we were first old enough to vote. I came from a family that was mutually Republican where she came from a Democratic household. With these being the two dominant parties, we've never honestly considered a third party. But the time has come for change (not the kind of change being touted by the President elect).
While it is a no brainer that we do not identify with 90% of the Democratic party's platform, we have become more and more dissatisfied with the Republican party's non-adherence to what used to be their platform. Many of our elected Republican leaders have drifted further and further from upholding our constitution and show no signs of correcting this behaviour.
Therefore, we are in the midst of deciding on a new political party and would like your opinions as we make this decision. There is a poll posted to the right, please vote and then post your opinions and/or experiences with either party. We have narrowed it down to these two parties and aren't considering any others. If you are not familiar with either or them, follow these links for more information Libertarian Party or Constitution Party. I will be following up with more posts on politics as we look to become more active in our community, state, and national policy decisions.
God bless,
Michael

2 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

We're looking forward to reading your reflections on these parties as well. This was our first year to vote Independent ~ Constitution Party. We, too, felt it was imperative as the Republican party moves to the left.

Lea

TnFullQuiver said...

I tried to vote on Michael's political party choice - it would not let me. I am voting for "Constitution". I don't know how to make this official for your poll. This party seems much closer in defining our convictions and principles as Christians. The other party seems too "whatever is right in your own eyes" kind of platform. Mind you - I only briefly looked at their sites - so I am probably not even qualified - but, that is my opinion. I know Michael bases his life on my thoughts and opinions so I wanted to dash it off quickly so he could get on with making his final choice.
Love,
Concetta