Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose 3 people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.
1. I graduated college while Michael was stationed in upstate New York. I majored in English and I minored in Education. I love teaching, and I never dreamed in a million years that I would home school my own children. During my college years, I thought home schooling was a very poor option for any child. Now, I think it is the BEST option out there for children. Although our two oldest boys did go to public school for high school, I still think home schooling is the best.
2. I grew up in a neighborhood, but my dream was to live on a farm. I loved going to my grandmother's farm in Indiana and spending time there during the summer. I loved going through all of her old junk in the outbuildings. One summer her husband made me a play house out of the old chicken coop. It was adorable and I still treasure those memories today. After we got married, Michael served many years in the Navy so it took even longer for my dream of a farm to come to reality. By the way, I still love antiques and old junk.
3. Not only had I dreamed of living on a farm when I grew up, I also dreamed of having many children. I always wanted at least 6 kids. I wanted my home to be full of children and fun. We ended up with 5 children, and I ended up having 5 miscarriages throughout the years. I have a very soft place in my heart for people who have trouble conceiving or have experienced miscarriages. It is a sadness that words cannot explain.
4. I love to read. I love to read so much that I don't do it very often because I become so engrossed in the story line that my home falls apart. Once I start a fiction book, I can't put it down until I am at the end of it. My answer to my lack of self discipline is just not to read fiction. Usually I do tend to curl up with good books during the winter months. I especially like to have a roaring fire and a nice hot cup of coffee. Dessert is also much enjoyed during these quiet reading times!
5. I hate to exercise, but I do it any way.
6. I have developed a love of photography over the last few years. I would love to purchase a great camera and take photography classes.
7. I love to be outdoors. I enjoy hiking and camping. I never get tired of spending time outdoors. I love waterfalls and mountains. I think fall is my favorite time of year, but truth be told each season is my favorite! I love to go for walks with Michael around the farm and just drink in all the beauty that the Lord has blessed us with here in Tennessee.
8. I am truly happy with the life that the Lord has given to me. If I had my life to live all over again, I would choose the same path that I have walked. I truly enjoy the journey that God has given me and my heart is full of thanksgiving. I love being a wife, mother, and homemaker. I do believe that I am fulfilling the call that God has on my life... and I am happy.
grace and peace,