Saturday, January 09, 2010

Weekends are For Housekeeping

Since the snow and cold, I have had my feet curled up under me reading books or watching movies. It has been relaxing except for the masses still wanting to eat and all which requires me to cook. We have kept the house tidy, but today is a day to clean. I know it isn't romantic or anything, but it must be accomplished. I also will take some time for planning. Since ball games and ballet rehearsals have been canceled due to the weather, next week will be full of makeups. It is already shaping up into a crazy week! If there is time left and I am still in the mood, then I may do some baking. I haven't been baking bread much lately. I don't even know the reason...I guess I just got out of the habit. I would like to restock our freezer with some homemade bread. A loaf of homemade bread tucked away in the freezer can be a life safer during busy weeks. For the life of me, I can't think of something to cook for dinner this evening. I am hoping to figure that one out first thing this morning! I like keeping house. I don't mind the process of doing it, and I love the results in the end. There is something soothing about walking across a clean floor or seeing a kitchen sink spotless. It just feels right!

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Andrea Cherie said...

That's my goal this morning too- a clean house and ALL 5 loads of laundry done. (And it was ALL done as of Tuesday this week- I'm beginning to wonder what life with kids will be like for my laundry chores...Jason's clothes are just so BIG and he usually wears 2 sets per day due to the dirty nature of his job.) And I'm with you- I go through cycle's in bread making...Jason eats that really fast too, 3 loaves this week alone. I guess that's why I don't always make it, I don't think that much consumption of bread (even the homemade, healthy, fresh ground flour kind) can be good for a person!

Carmen S. said...

I love when the house is clean too but I don't enjoy the process to get it that way, LOL! With the shepherd and 2 house rabbits...well, you can imagine:)