Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baking Accomplishments for Thanksgiving

2 pie crusts have been made, wrapped, and placed in the freezer. On Thanksgiving morning, I will take them out of the freezer and let them thaw. Then I will be ready to add homemade pumpkin pie filling and homemade pecan pie filling to them. How easy is that?
6 loaves of chocolate bread cooling on the racks. I quickly wrapped 5 of these delicious goodies and labeled them and placed them in the freezer. I let the little people enjoy one loaf yesterday after school.

4 loaves of Amish Friendship Cinnamon bread. I placed all 4 of these gems in the freezer for later use.


3 dozen pumpkin muffins... These are my kids' favorite muffins! I promptly cooled and froze 2 dozen of them. I will let the little people enjoy the other dozen for today.


2 loaves of banana nut bread still baking in the oven. After making a orange glaze, these too will also join the rest of the bread tucked away in the freezer.


Now all I have to do is to keep this person and 4 others just like him out of my freezer stash. I am hoping that by giving them a little treat here and there that they will be satisfied until our company arrives! If not, I may be in trouble!!!
grace and peace,
julie






4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Wow, things are really coming along! Can you put a big padlock on the freezer?? LOL!!!!!

Janene said...

I bet your home smells delicious!!!
Everything looks amazing...and I am getting hungry just looking at it =)
Do you wait for your loaves to cool before freezing? Because you mentioned that you quickly put the chocolate bread in the freezer.
Have a great week.
Now you got me in the mood to do some baking!

regina said...

You are amazing. Way to go! I wish I had all of that in my freezer. Hopefully after this weekend I'll have most of the bread finished.
Regina

TnFullQuiver said...

Carmen,
I actually thought of that very thing!!

Janene,
Thanks for the question. My comment was misleading. I do let my bread cool completely before I freeze it. I just meant that I put it in the freezer quickly before the kids came in from school. Sorry about the miscommunication! I love hearing that I motivated you to get in the kitchen and bake something yummy. Thanks for sharing.

Regina,
Weekends are a great time to bake and cook for me. I almost always enjoy cooking the extras on the weekends. It just feel right. Happy baking!

grace and peace,
julie