Friday, February 06, 2009

Need I say More?

I am really trying to enjoy the slower days of winter. I am trying not to get that itch to just see things growing everywhere. I look at my raised beds and I see nothing. I know that in a few short months that my hands will be overflowing with garden produce and flowers. During that time of year, I sometimes find myself longing for the slower days of winter. Why are we people not content where God has us at the moment? I don't know. I battle my flesh in this area often. I look at what I don't have instead of what I do have. I guess that is the selfish side of me coming out, and quite frankly I don't like it. I want to enjoy each and every day and season that the Lord has given to me. I want to live for the moment and not always looking to the future. This is my desire for this day...

grace and peace,
julie

4 comments:

Andrea Cherie said...

My husband is constantly reminding me of this too. It's not so much I'm unhappy or discontent with life right now, it's just dreaming of the future I can get carried away with. But I can tell you are anxious for that garden, you've had several "floral" posts lately!

TnFullQuiver said...

Andrea Cherie,
You said it perfectly. I am not discontent with my life at all. I am just looking forward to the next thing and I can get carried away quickly!! Yes, I have enjoyed the garden pictures. It has also been yucky around here so I haven't been taking pictures like I normally do. Maybe this weekend I can go hiking with my camera.
grace and peace,
julie

Paige said...

I have the same stuggles!! I think it must be partly the planning/organizing/managing instinct in women. Looking ahead to post-gradschool life has done the same thing to me too--Dan has to keep after me to make sure I'm enjoying this season, both in regard to the weather and life. Thank goodness for husbands to level you out!

TnFullQuiver said...

Paige,
You got that right!!! Enjoy the journey...it is a very special gift that the Lord gives to us.
love,
julie