Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Beautiful East Tennessee Wedding

We have dear friends that have 8 children. I have always been close to the parents, but I am also close to the kids. This family includes us in extended family activities so we have been around the whole group quite a lot. The oldest daughter is getting married today. Sometime back in the summer she called me and asked me if I would cater her wedding. I agreed because I had already told her I would do ANYTHING that she needed. (Please keep in mind that the largest group I have ever cooked for was last week's football group. Football players are easy to please so that was pretty much a no brainer)!

We agreed on a simple dinner menu. We are preparing for 250 guests. While my family is off watching football this morning, I will be making salad. I spent ALL day yesterday purchasing the food. It went really well and I am excited about today. Our second son will be helping me. He is great in the kitchen and his back is much stronger to lug heavy items than mine! I will let y'all know how it goes. I am a bit nervous, but I keep telling myself that even if the meal is a flop she will still have had a wonderful wedding!!

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Oh I would love to help! What fun we would have. You will do a great job. Can't wait to hear all about it. And hopefully you or somebody was able to take pictures.
ashley

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
I sure could have used your sage wisdom in this area!!! It would have been great fun.
grace and peace
julie