Saturday, March 22, 2008

When Did it Get so Green?

As we were driving through our area last night to head to Gatlinburg, I was amazed at how green it has gotten. I was amazed that spring had sprung and I was missing it. I didn't realize how many trees had already started blooming out...the Bradford pears and the red buds are breath taking. How can a person such as myself who loves being outside miss something as show stopping as spring???? I comfort myself with the fact that it probably just all happened over night. I did notice our 2 little peach trees have sweet little buds on them. This is the 3rd year they have been in the ground so I do not plan on picking the buds off this year. My husband says we should to promote trunk growth. We will have to call the UrbanHomestead and see which one of us is accurate!! Until then...I think I will just enjoy spring.
grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

Ahhh! Beautiful! Spring is such a great season. Everything comes out from a winters rest and just blooms. New growth. New babies. Life!!
Is this view from your house?
He is Risen!
ashley

TnFullQuiver said...

Ashley,
This is the view off of our back deck looking to the right.

He is Risen Indeed!
julie