Friday, September 28, 2007

Growing Fall Plants




Here are a few early pictures of our fall plants growing. I have cauliflower, cabbage, and a lot of broccoli growing in our shop. I keep water in the trays under the plants to keep them moist. The trays are disposable cookie sheets that I found on sale last year. I am trying to see how much fresh food I can keep growing this fall and winter. We will be adding hoops over our beds this winter. We don't have to worry with those right this moment, but it is on the back burner for a few weeks from now. Our first frost date is around October 15th if my memory serves me correctly.
I am in the process of cleaning up the garden beds that are done producing for this summer. I was surprised to find that my zinnias have kicked it up once again. The plants look horrible, but the flowers are beautiful for cutting purposes. Our tomato plants are still producing tomatoes, much to my surprise.
I haven't had a chance to plan a honey do list for this weekend so I need to get with Michael and check to see what his plans are. I am hoping to get quite a bit done on the farm this weekend. The weather is beautiful, and I am having a hard time staying in the house at all. When I get the bug to be outdoors, I try to get out there as much as possible. I know winter will be here before we blink twice, and I want to enjoy this great weather as much as possible!!!
Hope you have a great farm weekend!!
grace and peace,
julie

No comments: