Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stop and Smell the Flowers

This last week has brought family to our home and we have had the best time just visiting. My brother and his family have come and played with us the last few days. My 9 year old niece got to stay for another week. I asked her today if she really likes coming to my home. (I know the answer, but I like hearing it from her). I expected her to say a polite "Yes, Aunt Julie, I like being at your home." Instead she replied, "Yes, it is delicious!" You know that I cook a lot when that is the way a child describes being at our home! She has also expressed that she likes all the activity of our home. She never has any trouble finding somebody to play with around here. I am thankful to get to spend extra time with her. I know it will make good memories for her as well as for my own kids. I always wanted an aunt when I was a child. My parents were both only children so I never had the opportunity to enjoy having an aunt, uncle, or cousin. At least I can enjoy being an aunt! I wonder if my niece enjoys picking green beans?

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

LOL...ask your neice about the bean picking, if she says yes, put her to work:)Love the sunflower!!!

TnFullQuiver said...

Carmen,
I didn't even ask her. I told her we would be playing Hide and seek with the beans. She was very willing to help!
grace and peace,
julie