Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Spring Spring Come Again



I try very hard not to complain, but I am OVER winter. I am so ready for the beauty of spring to come into our corner of the world. I know it is just around the corner. I have already seen the daffodils poke up their pretty little yellow heads, but winter seems to be hanging on by a thread. Our temps are suppose to be warming up by the middle of the week. I am ready for the house lamb to move out to the barn full time. Well, honestly I wouldn't care if she lived in the shop forever, but my husband is ready for her to be an outside pet. I just didn't want to put her outside with the temps being in the teens at night. Our chicks are scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. We will be putting them in the shop until we are sure the weather is warm enough for them to stay in the chicken coop with the heat lamp. We will go from hearing 'baaaing" to "chirping" . That is o.k. I like the sounds the animals make.

I was rather frustrated last night when I went into the shop to water my plants that are under the grow lights. My broccoli plants have become very leggy. I am a bit unsure as the reason for this other than I haven't been as faithful to water them as I should. In my world, out of sight means out of mind sometimes. I repotted as many as I thought were worth saving...not near as many as I had hoped. I will probably try again this week. With the chicks down in the shop chirping for water and food, perhaps this time I will remember that plants need watering too!

Because I am so over winter and so ready for spring, I made one of my favorite spring desserts on Sunday. I will share the recipe with you maybe today or tomorrow depending on time. So check back for a taste of spring soon!

grace and peace,

julie

3 comments:

Paige said...

You're so over winter, eh? We keep getting dumped on up here! I have come to the conclusion that it is again a law of nature to ever get a snowstorm of less than 12 inches, lol.

I hear ya, though! Can't wait to hear about the little chickies!

TnFullQuiver said...

paige,
I figured you would have something to say about my winter time rant! I remember living in upstate New York. On the year that Matthew was born, it snowed in APRIL!!! Enjoy the snow while you are young, and then when you are older you can move to Tennessee!!!
love,
julie

Paige said...

Haha, I know...I guess I can't complain too much because I AM nearly in Canada...Tenessee is quite a bit further south!