Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Laugh Often

As we were away this past week, I found myself laughing out loud often. My teenage boys are always telling me I cackle. They aren't much better. We are a family that laughs loudly and often. I also think that is something that has made a difference in our marriage. We both have a sense of humor and we aren't afraid to laugh at ourselves. I can't tell you how many church services I have been to and something would be said that I knew would end up sending Michael and I into roaring laughter. If it was an appropriate time to laugh that was fine, but often times it was an inside joke just between me and him so nobody else would be laughing. I have had to cross my legs and look away just to keep myself contained.

I have heard our children tell their friends on more than one occasion while Michael and I were laughing hysterically and nobody else was even smiling, "Don't worry about them. They always do this!" We enjoy being together and it shows. He is my best friend and best friends usually laugh together and often. I encourage you to find something to laugh at with your spouse today. Sometimes I am in a hurry and I just don't have the time to see the humor in a situation. Slow down and smell the roses together so to speak and while your smelling them....LAUGH!!!

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Trish said...

Julie,

I've been reading your blog for many months, but I haven't ever commented.

Thank you for a lovely blog, and thanks for this post!

Being married to your best friend truly is the most wonderful blessing from the Lord!

Thanks for being an encouragement!

~Faithseed

TnFullQuiver said...

Faithseed,
Thanks for the encouragement. I am so glad you commented. After reading your comment, I was able to go to your blog. I can't wait to read the rest of your story!!
grace and peace,
julie