Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Broccoli


This has been the first year that I have harvested fall vegetables during the Christmas season.  Our broccoli is glorious this year.  We have enjoyed broccoli soup along with plenty of broccoli and cheese as a side dish.  I also harvested lots of romaine lettuce and buttercrunch lettuce.  Our collard greens have produced in abundance as well.  Our cabbage is the only thing that hasn't grown to completion yet. 

When you walk past our fall garden, it looks kind of sorry at this point.  However, it is still producing and we are still enjoying the goodies.  My rosemary, oregano, and mint are also still hanging in there from this summer's garden.  Next year I would like to add green peas to the fall garden. 

I know that Christmas isn't even here yet, but I am already thinking about my spring and summer garden.  In just a few short weeks, I will be planting my seeds for the beginning of the spring garden. 

grace and peace,
julie

2 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Always exciting planning a new garden season:) Merry Christmas to you & your family and Missy too;)

TnFullQuiver said...

Merry Christmas to you, Carmen. I pray you have a wonderful visit with your son!
grace and peace,
julie