Saturday, December 05, 2009

A Perfect Saturday

Yesterday our family gathered together, ate appetizers, decorated the Christmas tree, and then decorated cookies. It was a ruckus of a good time, and I was still a bit tired today. We woke this morning to trees all adorned in their finest white lace. It snowed about an inch and it was beautiful. Once again, my husband built a roaring fire for me in the living room. He gathered the troops together in the basement to watch ball games. I was left to myself and I did something I hadn't done in a very long time. I watched a chick flick on the computer. I drank hot coffee and ate sugar cookies. I enjoyed the twinkling lights on the Christmas tree and the dancing flames in the fireplace. My husband was happy along with our children. I was able to relax completely and just enjoy my home and Christmas decorations! I love when we all gather together, but I also treasure those few moments of alone time as well.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: