Friday, December 22, 2006

Vacation Has Begun!

Michael has now started his Christmas vacation. I can't even begin to say how much we have looked forward to this time off for him. He has worked so many hours these last few months, and we are in need of some good old fashion rest and relaxation. That doesn't mean that we wont accomplish any work, but it does mean that the pressure is off for the next few weeks.

Tomorrow his mom and her husband along with my mom will be arriving at our house. We will celebrate Christmas with them on Sunday morning. Michael wanted to have our entire celebration on Sunday. We asked each of the children if they wanted to open gifts on Sunday or wait until Monday. All but one child wanted to wait until Christmas Day. (I'll give you a hint as to which child wanted to open the gifts early...he is the one that acts just like his dad)! My mom will stay a few extra days here in our home to visit with us. I am not nearly as prepared this time around as I was for Thanksgiving, but there will not be nearly as many people. I am ashamed to even admit that my house is still in drastic need of a good cleaning. I am hoping to get all of that done tomorrow. I have started some of my cooking. Tonight I baked my Banana Cake, and I made some more sugar cookie dough. Cooking ahead can pose quite the problem in our family. If I cook it too far ahead of time, the family hunts it down and eats it all up. I now understand why my mom use to hide her Christmas candy and cookies under her bed! With Missy Dog here, I can't hide anything that low to the ground. I ordered a country ham from Ky, and I was terrified the UPS man would leave it on our front porch. I could imagine coming home to find a box torn apart and a big ham bone being all that was left. I was so relieved the ham arrived and I was at home to personally take possession of it!

Our weather has been so warm here for the last week or so it is hard to believe that Christmas is almost upon us. I have to say I have enjoyed the warm weather, but I sure miss the ambiance of the colder weather. I like the feeling of being tucked into a nice warm house with all of my family. It has been nice though to have the kids outside playing without having to drag out heavy coats, gloves, hats, and winter boots.

Well, it is getting late. My coach turns into a pumpkin at around 10:00p.m. so I will close for now. I am hoping that Michael will start posting again in the next day or so.
grace and peace,
julie

No comments: