Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Time

School is out for summer!!!!!!  I know that an English teacher should know better than to put 6 exclamation points at the end of the sentence, but it seemed appropriate for the announcement of summer.  I have spent the morning doing a few relaxing chores.  I cleaned a few windows, and straightened up the front porch a bit.  I also made homemade cinnamon rolls for the children.  They have complained vehemently about my lack of cooking.  I still stick with the story that I cook almost daily, but  I don't make all the baked goods that they have grown to love.  Summer time will find me baking again.  Last night I made 2 loaves of Banana Bread, and I enjoyed every moment of the process of baking and being in the kitchen.

I am planning on enjoying the slower days of summer.  We will still have to adhere to a schedule because both Jacob and Hope play high school sports.  This will require several trips a day to the high school for me, but I get to come home in between! 

Keep an eye out for posts coming more often.  I love writing and it is something  that I have missed dearly.

grace and peace,
julie


1 comment:

Carmen S. said...

YAY!!! You love to write and I love to read a win/win situation,lol! Love those flowers, have a happy, blessed day!