Friday, September 23, 2011

First Day of Fall

Our second grader came home from school today and reminded me that today is the first day of fall.  I am so thankful to see the heat of this past summer melt away into the cooler days of fall.  Tonight we will be enjoying our high school football game.  The cooler weather makes for a much more enjoyable football experience!  Our oldest son will meet us at the game so I will get to wrap my arms around him.  I am looking forward to seeing him even if it is just for the game. 

On Saturday, we will be throwing a birthday bonfire to celebrate Hope's special day.  That day will find me cleaning house, grocery shopping, and making food for the party.  I plan on keeping things simple for the bonfire, but I do want to spoil the kids that come a bit.  I ordered a birthday cake from a bakery because Hope asked for a bakery cake.  She shares my love of bakery cakes!  Dessert will be the simple part.  I plan on serving hot dogs that the kids can roast over the fire.  I guess that counts as simple too.  I will have a crock pot full of Pulled BBQ Pork along with another crock pot of Cowboy Beans.  She has asked me to make my Chicken Salad, which doesn't go with anything else on the menu.  I will oblige her since it is her 13th birthday.  Otherwise, I would throw that idea right out the window!  I will also serve Hot Apple Cider, Hot Coco, and a few appetizers.  Of course there will be fixings for Smores.  

I am looking forward to spending some time hosting a get together for her friends.  Since I am at the high school, I don't get a chance to spend as much time with Hope's friends as I would like.  This will be a great opportunity to enjoy seeing some kids I haven't seen in awhile, and it will be fun doing something big to celebrate Hope's birthday!

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: