Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fall is in the Air

We finally had a break in the heat this past week.  I was so thankful to see rain and cooler temperatures.  Our grass was thankful too!  This past week has had a fall feeling to it.  I have been celebrating the feeling of fall by burning candles and baking treats.  This morning I made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  This afternoon I made yeast rolls and a peach cobbler.  Since I have started working, I find that I enjoy baking on the weekends.  I don't have time during the week to bake much, so I take advantage of the extra time I have on the weekends.  My kids are very appreciative of the weekend treats. 


I have also spent a large portion of my weekend time sitting on our front porch enjoying the breeze and grading papers.  The hummingbirds have been in full force these past few days.  I guess they too are enjoying the fall weather!

The cooler weather also made our Friday night football game more enjoyable.  We played in Knoxville so Matthew was able to drive down to watch the game with us.  One of Joshua's friends also came down to watch the game and to spend the weekend with us.  I love it when friends from Greeneville come and spend time with us.  We spent ten years getting to know the kids from Greeneville, and I miss them now that we have moved. 

Well, it is time to prepare for another week.  Bedtime is calling my name for sure!  I hope you have a blessed week.  Let's not get so busy that we forget to enjoy the journey!

grace and peace,
julie

1 comment:

Carmen S. said...

Cinnamon rolls and peach cobbler...YUMMY!!!! I just got back from HI and fall is in the air here in PA as well, the leaves are just starting to change a little, my favorite time of year!!!!!