Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fall Thoughts

Although it has been hot around here the last week, I know that fall is in the air.  We are enjoying the cooler evenings, and there are a few trees starting to turn colors.  I love the smell of the outdoors during fall.  My mom used to say that she knew fall was almost here because she could smell it.

 I also love the smell of the kitchen during this season!  With fall approaching, I find myself automatically changing my menus.  I tend to cook more soups and stews.  I bake more breads and desserts too.  I am also drawn to make more pies during fall than any other time of the year.  Fall meals are usually budget friendly so that is just another reason to enjoy the good food!  With the cooler weather,  more opportunities come to enjoy sipping coffee in the evening on the front porch.  I am looking forward to the pace of life slowing down a bit.  I also can't wait until the trees adorn themselves with the glorious display of color that only the Lord Himself could orchestrate.  Until then, I think I will go bake something and enjoy a peaceful afternoon in the kitchen!

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: