Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Spring Smile

The first thing I noticed this afternoon when I drove up the driveway was my tulips were starting to bloom.  I promised myself I would let them grow this year instead of using them for cut flowers.  As you can see, that promise didn't last long!  Michael said that it was going to rain tomorrow, so I decided to cut them.  I didn't have enough blooms to make a pretty arrangement.  Therefore, I used them in votive candle holders.  I wanted to add another touch of spring so I included some pretty Meyer Lemons.  I love the feel of spring I brought to my house in a matter of 5 minutes.  I am glad I broke the promise to myself  because I smile every time I look at the tulips!

grace and peace,
julie

3 comments:

Robin Mullins said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Carmen S. said...

BEAUTIFUL! Always love seeing your wonderful pics:)

Lisa Marie said...

Beautiful picture! All the photo's on your blog are great. I really enjoy the shots of your land. We are planning on buying land north of Chattanooga TN due to hubby changing offices in his company .... so I am looking forward to more mountain views hopefully! Blessings, Lisa Marie