Monday, November 21, 2011

Let the Cooking Begin!

The groceries are all bought and put away for the big upcoming Thanksgiving week.  After I got home from work today, I began to cook for Thanksgiving.  I made and froze the pie crusts.  I made an ice-cream cake and oreo balls.  I also made a double batch of fresh cranberries.  Tomorrow will find me cooking for every one's arrival on Wednesday.  Pulled BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Potato Salad, along with Baked Beans will be filling up the plates for Wednesday's dinner meal.  I will also be making fudge for my niece and an Apple Cake for my mom.  Michael offered to cook tomorrow night's supper so that will free me up to spend another evening for cooking ahead.  I want to get as much done ahead of time as possible so that I too can enjoy being with all of our out-of-town guests.

grace and peace,
julie

1 comment:

Mountain Mama said...

Hmmm.... thinking we might need the recipes for the ice cream cake, oreo balls, and apple cake. Yum!
Sounds like you had a blessed and very yummy Thanksgiving.
blessings,
ashley