Monday, July 09, 2012

Sausage Pinwheels

Everybody needs a quick breakfast every now and again. This recipe fills that bill, and it is also great warmed up the next day.  I serve these pinwheels almost every time we have overnight guests because most people really like these.  Hope your family enjoys!

grace and peace,
julie


Sausage Pinwheels

2 cans Crescent Rolls
1 Roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage or your favorite brand

Open each can of crescent rolls.  Lay out each can into 2 rectangles like the above picture.  Next, sprinkle raw sausage over each rectangle.  When you are finished, you will have 4 rectangles.  (If your family is smaller than mine, you can use 1 can of crescent rolls and a half roll of sausage).

Roll each rectangle up in a jelly roll style.  Cut each rectangle into 5 slices.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the rolls are brown.  

You can serve these with an egg dish or a side of fruit.  These are our quick breakfast for those days that I want to cook, but I don't have much time.

 Another variation of these rolls is to cook the crumbled sausage in a skillet.  Then sprinkle the cooked sausage onto the rectangles of crescent rolls.  Next, crumble cream cheese on top of the sausage.  Roll up and slice into 5 pieces.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake in 375 oven for about 15 minutes.  My brother, who is a retired fireman, serves these particular pinwheels.  He fell in love them with them while working at the fire station.  They made them for breakfast a lot.  

3 comments:

Marcy k said...

Made these for breakfast this morning. Delicious! My daughters were very happy.

Unknown said...

I need this recipe. I need an easy and not a time consuming one. I'm always on the go and sometimes I skip breakfast. This will help me to avoid missing it. Thanks.
seo exeter

Julia Ionov said...

it's delicious! my mom is making this one, she has a business and she's making pinwheels just like this one.
quality website
design