Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Garden Lessons Learned Daily Here on our Farm

Just a quick note of something I learned today. I have spent much time planting seeds in the shop "greenhouse". I have cared for these seeds and baby plants with much effort and time. I knew from reading that I was to harden off the plants when planting in cool weather. However, I did NOT know that if it was warm outside the plants still needed to be harden off. I learned this lesson well. I had planted little baby plants in the garden beds. After a few days, all of the plants were withered away. I was confused. After some reading and chatting with my husband, I have come to the conclusion that the young plants were too tender just to pop them in the garden beds.

I just wanted to pass along this little garden tip to those of you who may not know!!!

Happy Gardening.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: