Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday Happenings

Today has been a relaxed day full of fun, football, and feasting. We are enjoying an extremely warm January here in East Tenn. After dinner today, we all headed out to the back yard with a football, baseball, and bat. It was fun watching the kids play hard and be silly with each other. I sat back and watched the action. Every time I threw a ball, I was laughed at for throwing like a girl. (What do they expect...I am a girl)! We did take a walk around our fence line to decide what needs to be fixed in order to get our cow. We also decided to take our dogs to the pond and see how great our lab puppy would retrieve. Well, let me just say she didn't like the water. Michael threw her into the pond, and she was appalled to say the least. We threw an old shoe in the middle of the pond assuming that she would go get it. The shoe is still there.

Yesterday was so warm that we worked on one of our raised beds. We are planning on putting hoops on the bed and creating a hoop house. We will let you know how it goes later down the road. I had been pricing grow light carts to start my seeds. They were between $700-$800. Wow, that is a lot of money. Michael made a grow stand complete with full spectrum lights. We spent about $75 on the entire thing. He made it out of scrap wood and I am thrilled. I can't wait to start playing in some dirt. I guess I better get my seeds ordered soon!

In my last post I had requested prayer for a major decision that we were facing. We did come to a decision, and we both felt at peace. We REALLY wanted to make a different decision, but we knew it wasn't using wisdom at this time. Thank you for praying for us.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: