Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ohhh... I hate waiting

Progress continues on the fence work around our family food plot, albeit slowly. The days are growing shorter and my day job hours have not. We hope to invest much of the weekend in this work, so as to get our blueberries in the ground before serious cold weather sets in. A heavy rain last night should make my post hole digging go a little quicker due to softening of the soil, I hope so anyway.

My thoughts are somewhat scattered today, much as "Tnfarmgirl's" a few days back. I have been reading many of the agrarian based blogs and find that there are many out there who think like we do. But, it also leaves me longing that much more for the life that I hope to lead. As each day passes I seem to be less and less content with my current state. I have always tried to do well for my employers, it's the right thing to do. But, I am absolutely sick of the system that I am part of. Read "Agrarian Life vs. Industrial Life" at "The House of Degenhart" if you don't know what I mean. I know that I must remain in this system for now, but I pray that God would make a way for me to escape sooner. I know that He will, and for that I am thankful.

Our pursuit of a debt free life has also been on my mind today. We are headed in the right direction, as we have spent a great deal of time lately evaluating our current financial state, budgeting, and making tough decisions. One of the decisions we are on the verge of making, is to eliminate credit cards from our life. We've had them our entire marriage, and to be honest it's a bit scary thinking about living without them. They have always been a security blanket and we've always come up with an excuse to hang on to them. Pray for us as we walk through this.

Time has been on my mind as well. Specifically, time with the love of my life, my beautiful wife. When you have five children, two jobs, homeschool and a fledgling farm, it can be difficult not to neglect the most vital relationship God has given us. We are very much in love, but our time together often takes a back seat to everything else. We have begun forcing ourselves to take this time. If nothing else, we slip away for a couple of hours to have a cup of coffee in town. Sometimes we simply go walk our farm together or do some fun farm work alone (brushing horses). As a husband and wife, we are formed into a new creation with God, two people fused together with God, hence the title of our blog, a Three Fold Cord. Ecclesiastes 4:12 says that a three fold cord is not easily broken. The marriage we have on Earth is symbolic and representative of the relationship of Christ to the Church bound by the Father. Of all relationships we have on Earth there is none that compares, we should treat it appropriately. I may expound on this in a future post, there is an awesome revelation found in this concept.

Well, I'm done. It always feels nice to voice (in this case type) what's on our mind. I feel much more organized now. Hope my babbling blesses someone. By the way, I'm urging my wife to get busy with her first post, I'm anxious to see what it will be about. Help me to egg her on.

Mike

1 comment:

ctroutma said...

Patience is a good thing! I keep telling myself: baby steps. You seem to be closer to your odeals than many like myself, so hang in there. Definitely get rid of those debt cards, you don't need 'em. Thanks for the encouragement to spend some more time my beloved.
Blessings,
Christo