Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Countdown

Much has been accomplished here in our home this Weds. The house is clean, the big dog is taking a nap on the deck, and the children are all taking some time for themselves. We have all pitched in today and tons of things have been accomplished. Tonight's dinner preparations have been made. All there is left to do for tonight's dinner is to grill the Pork Tenderloin. The turkeys are setting in cold ice water in the sink to finish thawing. Mom and I will clean them out later this afternoon so that in the morning they will be ready to pop in the oven. I will also stuff one of the turkeys tomorrow. We are feeding 14 people so I bought two turkeys this year.

My brother and his family should arrive in several hours ready for dinner and fellowship. I am looking so forward to seeing everyone. I have set up extra tables so that everyone will have a place to sit while eating. This has taken up much of extra kitchen space, but it will be worth it in the end. My mom helped clean the carport so we will have a table out there for people to gather at weather permitting. I also put a cooler on the carport filled with ice and sodas. We usually don't buy sodas unless we have company so this will be a huge treat for the kids. I thought it would be handy to have them cold on the carport so people could just help themselves.

I will be getting up around 3:00 a.m. to cook one of the turkeys. My oven won't hold but one turkey at a time. Don't worry, I will be going back to bed while the turkey cooks! We will plan on eating around 1:00 tomorrow afternoon. The rest of the day will be filled with playing games and visiting and being thankful for all the Lord has done in our lives this past year. It has been a remarkable year for our family, and we are truly thankful.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: