Friday, October 19, 2007



We finally got a bit of rain today. I woke early this morning to sounds of rain drops hitting our window. Our county has been in desperate need of rain. I just read in the paper a few days ago that the county has decided to have Volunteer Fire Departments pump water for area farmers to water their livestock. The farmers would have to bring containers to hold the water, and then transport it back to their farms. This would explain why I have seen fire trucks by a local creek pumping water! Our pond is as low as I have ever seen it. We can see the bottom of the pond in several areas, but it isn't near drying up as of yet. The rain has allowed me to enjoy a mellow day. I have cleaned a bit, but nothing worth mentioning! I will have to get to it pretty soon and get dinner preperations going, but I am going to savor just a few more minutes on the computer before I start. I enjoy days like today...nothing pressing. I wouldn't want everyday to be like this, but it is nice to just catch my breath upon occasion. I have enjoyed some time reading with my children. My youngest came to me and said he was tired. We quickly curled up in my bed to share some quiet reading time. He has outgrown his naps, but it still pays off to find a quiet moment with him and let him rest. It makes the evening go much smoother.

grace and peace,

julie

No comments: