Thursday, November 09, 2006

Taking things for granted

I have found myself guilty lately of taking the blessings of the Lord for granted in my daily life. It seems that life just has a way of happening when I am not paying attention. All too often, I am planning the next event or chore that needs my time and attention and not really taking time to enjoy the things I put my hands to. (Can anybody relate or am I by myself on this one)? Well, God does have a way of getting our attention and He has done just that the last few days. I am so thankful for all that He has done in my life, but more than that...I am so thankful for who He is in my life. I often ask my children a question that helps keep me on track. Are you seeking the hand of God or the face of God? Are you seeking God's blessings or God Himself? I am thankful that He takes the time to get my attention.

grace and peace,
julie

No comments: