Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Missy the Energetic (or not)

 Missy is alive and well, but she has slowed down a tremendous amount over the past year.  It is hard having a dog that is so loved getting old.  She is still capable of going up and down the stairs, and with great effort she can still climb into our bed.  Whenever she gets up, she has a pronounced limp for awhile.  She sleeps the majority of time, but that is nothing new for her!


She still has to be with me at all times.  If I go outside, she must accompany me.  She is my dog through and through. She has enjoyed our oldest son moving back home, and she will curl up with him every chance she gets.

I obviously don't have any way of knowing how long Missy will be with us, but I do enjoy every day that we have with her.  She is still the sweetest dog that we have ever owned.  I know this one thing for sure--never leave food on the counter. She can still muster up the strength to get a yummy piece of meat off the counter by standing on her back legs.  She no longer bothers herself for anything much more than meat now.  In times past, I have lost many loaves of bread and several desserts to her tummy!  She has trained me well, and I still don't give her the chance to get any food from the counter.  Who knows when her sweet tooth might just kick back in?

grace and peace,
julie

6 comments:

Carmen S. said...

So nice to see you posting again, I have neglected my blog as well. Glad to see Missy, our shepherd is almost 12 and I can so relate, them aging is a hard thing:(

Bernice said...

I am so happy to see you back again.
I might be Missy's biggest fan,at least once a week I will check to see if you resumed blogging.
Give Missy a big hug and maybe a little sweets for me;)


TnFullQuiver said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging words! Missy liked the idea of something sweet!

Amy Ellen said...

Awww she is such a beautiful dog. I have always enjoyed reading your posts that include her.

Unknown said...

Yay! Was very pleased to see 2 new posts! I have missed your sharing! Looking forward to hearing more from you! God bless!

Lisa Marie said...

I have always enjoyed your blog! Praying all is well I see it has been over a year since you posted! Blessings Lisa